We are recovering yesterday's plastics for today's play™!
Focusing on this generation - and the next - we engineer our playground products to be low-impact environmentally, safe, and enduring with the use of reclaimed plastic and stainless steel.
Through the exclusive use of post-consumer and post-industrial plastics we prevent millions of pounds per year of plastics from entering a landfill.
We turn milk jugs into playgrounds!
New & Improved Formula for 2014
- Increased structural strength
- Increased rigidity
- Increased thermal stability
Amazing RSP Benefits:
- Low maintenance
- Graffiti resistant
- Will not rust, splinter, split or de-laminate
- Color throughout plastic – no fading or chipping
- Resistant to marine borers, termites, fungus, salt and oils
- Textured walking surfaces for safety - SureStep™ Decks
- Additional Stainless Steel reinforcement as needed
- 100 Year Warranty on Posts and vertical structural members
- 100% BPA, Phthalate and “soft” PVC free
- Provides a life lesson to kids about good use of resources!
- Structural members (posts)
- Decking & Platforms
This slip-resistant ridged RSP™ deck-board is our proprietary design for increasing friction and reducing falls so children can walk and run confidently on our products. The ridges also make the decks cooler to the feet with less direct sun contact.
So is plastic really environmentally friendly?
We purchase industrial and consumer waste and prevent it from reaching landfills by recycling over a million pounds of plastic yearly! All Nature of Early Play products are made from recycled materials - primarily from post-consumer recycled HDPE plastic. 80-95% of an entire play structure is made of recycled materials.
Learn more about RSP Advantages.
- Allied Steel Triple Coat Finish then Zinc galvanized Inside & outside
- “Wrinkle ” powder coated to increase friction and reduce falls
- Electromagnetically "baked-on" powder coating
- Provides lasting color
- 5 – 6 times longer corrosion free
- Stainless Steel welds
- Total Stainless Steel components available for sites near salt water
- Steel has 30 - 95% recycled content
We powder-coat our climbers and sliders with a uniquely strong and textured surface “wrinkle coat” to increase friction and reduce falls. Nature of Early Play is the only playground manufacturer currently using this slip-resistant powder coat. Steel pipe is used in all metal climbers, overhead climbers, ladders, and railings.
Smooth Stainless Steel Welds:
Welds are especially vulnerable to rusting due to paint chipping off and revealing raw steel beneath. But, we replaced our welding wire with Stainless Steel wire, and require our welders to create super-smooth welds, preventing jagged edges susceptible to chipping. This protects children from cuts, while preventing rusting in the process! Stainless Steel welds and plates have a 60% minimum recycled content.
Rust-proof Stainless Steel hardware and attachment plates are standard on all Nature of Early Play equipment - features unmatched in the playground industry. We even offer a complete Stainless Steel upgrade for all metal on the entire structure - the solution for coastal environments where saltspray disintegrates galvanized steel and corrodes aluminum very quickly.
- 100% Recycled Post-Consumer HDPE Sheet Plastic
- Nature of Early Play is one of the only manufacturers using recycled sheet plastic (to our knowledge)
- LDPE (Low-Density Polyethylene)
- UV 8 additive to prevent fading
Due to characteristics of Roto-molding only UV Stabilized virgin plastics (LDPE) may be used to manufacture structurally-sound Slides, Tunnels, Roto-molded Climbers, Panels and Roofs (e.g. Mountain Climber, Rotating Panels parts, Casa Grande Roof).